The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Staff Affairs Committee (CSC) provides a forum to enable FMA membership to participate in Community initiatives along its core values and handle staff related affairs and events. This includes engagements with relevant professional bodies.
The CSC is an appointed Committee of the FMA for the purposes described above. The Committee shall Report to the FMA Executive Council.
- To discuss areas on intervention in regard to community affairs in line with FMAs core values.
- Organize, participate and act as the liaison for FMA events.
- Offer a voice and a platform to engage with professional bodies.
Area of Responsibility:
The CSC will be responsible for engaging at the staff level in the follow areas:
- Professional Bodies:
- CFA Society East Africa
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK)
- Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK)
- Institute of Certified Investment & Financial Analysts (ICIFA)
- Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments (CISI)
- The Paul Sigsworth Awards Gala
- The Annual CSR event
- The Annual Quiz Night
- Any other as agreed and directed by FMA Executive council
- The Committee comprises appropriately selected key active individuals from FMA member firms.
- Every FMA firm is represented in this committee
- The Chair will create a sub-committee made up 7 as follows:
- 3 Activities coordinators
- 2 Professional bodies representatives
- Generally membership is a on a firm basis. Therefore, a member who steps down can pass on their seat to a replacement within their firm.
Organisation of the Committee
- Meetings will be held a minimum of four times per year but can be held more frequently if required. Members should attend the meetings themselves or send an alternate.
- Agendas will be circulated one week in advance of meetings. In some instances the meetings can be held via Tele-conferencing.
- Draft non-attributable minutes of meetings will be circulated to members and when these have been agreed by the Committee, they will be adopted by the committee.
- Decisions of the Committee will usually be made by general consensus but the Chair may ask for a decision by majority vote if agreement cannot otherwise be reached.
- The committee and sub-committee requires a 50% attendance, in addition to the Chair, to be quorate. If the committee is not quorate then meetings may proceed, however, the committee shall not be able to make decisions.
- The chair of the Committee shall be elected at FMA Annual General meeting while the vice chair shall be elected by committee members at their first meeting following the AGM
The Executive Council will evaluate the performance of the Committee. The performance of the Committee will be assessed against the accomplishment of yearly objectives/deliverables. This review will take place immediately prior to the Annual General Meeting.
Committee reports will be provided in writing, to the Executive Council (EC) no later than one week following each meeting; a summary report at EC meetings and a final report at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Members include a staff from every member institution:
- Rose Limo (African Alliance Asset Management) – Bus Dev Manager (Chair)
- Eva Labatt (Apollo Asset Management) – Investment Dealer
- Mbeke Ndiba (Britam Asset Management) – Executive Assistant
- Elizabeth Mwalimo (NCBA Capital) – Investment Manager
- Seth Andika (CIC Asset Management) – Reconciliation Officer
- Samantha Kibuga (Co-op Trust Investment Services) – Head of Business Development
- Spence Dry (Dry Associates Investment Bank)
- Sophie Tunu (Fusion Investment Mangement) – Sales Manager
- Martin Odhiambo (GenAfrica Asset Managers) – Investment Dealer
- Kenneth Maina (Genghis Capital) – Senior Investment Dealer
- Muthoni Muuo (ICEA Lion Asset Management) – Portfolio Manager
- Mary Nganga (Madison Investment Managers) – Assistant Manager – BD
- Harris Kamande (Old Mutual Investment Group) – Corporate Operations Officer
- Matilda Lusiola (Sanlam Investments East Africa) – Client Liaison Officer
- Grace Annette (Sanlam Investments East Africa) – Investment Analyst