So as to remain relevant and sustainable in expanding and increasingly competitive markets, which are witnessing the introduction of new financial instruments, the FMA has set the following objectives:
- To facilitate self – regulation and promote the highest professional standards, integrity and ethical conduct amongst members;
- To promote the interests of members in a professional and ethical manner;
- To engage with regulators on matters not limited to legislation, policy and taxation to grow the capital market;
- To facilitate a forum through which members can consult and advance all such matters of mutual concern and common interest, so as to speak with one voice and lobby effectively; and
- To promote investment products through education.